.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The New England Times

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Coyne's Clippings

Another "Rolling Rally" was held through the streets of Boston as the Patriots paraded down Boylston Street...


Bob Ryan calls the Pats game at Saint Louis the turning point of the season. It followed the Pittsburgh loss, and with injuries, the team came through with a convincing road win. He also had this...


They were a legitimate model for all teams to follow -- all.

That's right. I cannot offer any empirical data to support my thesis, only anecdotal evidence based on my travels, both inside and outside of Boston. I believe it is a given that the Patriots are held up by every college and high school football coach as the epitome of T-E-A-M play. Who could possibly doubt that? But I further believe it doesn't stop there. I believe they also are being held up by college and high school coaches of every team sport as the model for how to approach and play whatever game it is. The Patriots are a brand name, a symbol, a connotation even. What a phenomenal legacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home