.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The New England Times

Friday, May 06, 2005

Coyne's Clippings

Bob Ryan is all over Paul Pierce for throwing the elbow on Jamal Tinsley that got him tossed. In words only B.R. could construct, "...last night we entered a hoop twilight zone in a game that featured the single most unforgivable, untimely, stupid, and flat-out selfish on-court act in the history of the Celtics."


Think he's not fired up for the playoffs? Maybe he should be reminded that it's still just round one!


And can we talk about how well Ricky played, not to mention BIG Al! A double-double for the rookie including a career-high 14 rebounds! And I guess you have to tip to cap to Employee Ocho, that big three-pointer he hit (which was followed by a hint of the Walker Wiggle) along with the runner in the lane, both in OT, helped secure the win. But he took 26 shots! And I'll over look the agregious timeout called by the Celts at the end of overtime (I believe). All Boston had to do was inbound the ball, and the game would have been over, but Doc Rivers called a timeout, and kept hope alive for Indiana... I was looking for the play-by-play to point out the exact point, but coundn't find it. I'm not sure I'm sold on Doc Rivers as a great coach.


In other news, I got High Fly to win the Kentucky Derby this weekend, along with Wilko in an exacta box. Weather I actually make it somewhere to put the bet in is another story. Of course, just as long as Bellamy Road doesn't win (Steinbrenner's horse), I'll be happy. Can we talk about how bad the Yankees are yet? They are tied for last place with an 11-18 record. (Stinko De Mayo says the NY Post) I'll give them another week or so before I really lay into them, it is still early. Remember last year when Jeter started off like .217 or something in the month of Arpil, well he hit a respectable .292 by the end of the year. IT'S STILL EARLY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home