.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The New England Times

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I got a fever... And the only prescription, is more cowbell.

Immediately following the 4th of July, and continuing across our trip of upstate NY, I became obsessed with the Saturday Night Live skit about Blue Oyster Cult and MORE COWBELL! Here's what I got, on one of the funniest skits ever!
Here's the link to video!


A link to the Cowbell song database listing every song that features a cowbell! Or, if you're looking for an early Christmas gift, might I suggest a More Cowbell t-shirt!


And even though it first aired five years ago (April of 2000), it's still not a mainstream thing. The Boston Globe has a nice article from the end of April about how there are local groups at BU called the Committee for the Advancement of Cowbell. I even found some kind of music organizing program called More Cowbell.


Let's just all agree, the Cowbell is here to stay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home