.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The New England Times

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Coyne's Clippings (David Ortiz Edition)

Then we have Monday's stuff. I'll admit it, I fell asleep in the sixth or seventh inning. Saturday night was long with a party up in Boston that went REAL late (3 am), and then I had to get up early and help a friend move (7am). I was falling asleep at lunch during the Patriots game at 3:00 p.m. and just needed to go to bed. Needless to say I was pleasantly suprised to see what happened Monday morning.


C.H.B. (I need to go back to referring to Shaughnessy as this, it stands for 'Curly Haired Boyfriend' which Carl Everett called him back in 2000 or 2001. So now everyone knows where I'm coming from.) calls Ortiz's 12th-inning homerun on par with Carlton Fisk's ding-dong back in 1975. Bob Ryan (B.R.) says the Sox have spunk!


He also has an article on the potential final appearance of Pedro in a Sox uniform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home