.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The New England Times

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Coyne's Clippings (Who had Giacomo?)

So the Celtics went down in a blaze of glory Saturday night... I still don't know what to think about the future of Antoine and P-Squared. I want Pierce still around in a C's uniform, as well as 'Twoine for the right price ($6 million a year?), but I think we've seen as far the team can go, haven't we? I really do think they should have gotten out of the first round, but to challange Miami for the Eastern Conference title, please. When you have Mark Blount taking up a roster spot, and more importantly, a huge contract under the salary cap, you've got problems. Also, how come no one talks about LaFrentz's contract, which is like $11 million a year! He's a decent role player, and could start if needed, but why are we talking about giving Antwoine $6 million a year, while LaFrentz is clearly overpaid at $11 million!

I like Bob Ryan's "column" today because I don't think he's knows what to think about this situation either. So he defers to his emails from readers about what they think, ranging from trading Paul Pierce for Ron Artest, to trading both Pierce and Walker and handing the team over the Al Jefferson and crew (a mistake).


I think the best conclusion, is that no one wants to be Danny Ainge right now (didn't we have this feeling last year at this time as well when Ainge traded Walker)?


Best of all, I'm not involved, and get to see it unfold. We'll see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home