.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The New England Times

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Coyne's Clippings

Well here we are after nearly seven months of waiting... I love the timing between the end of the baseball season and the beginning of college basketball. Conversely, baseball season begins with in days of the college basketball national championship... its the world great?!

In a side "prediction" with a couple of friends, I'm going with 20 wins across the board for all programs involved (Providence, Syracuse, UMass)! Mark my words down!

But PC will only win by eight or nine tonite, Niagara is decent. I'd also argue PC has the toughest schedule in the BIG EAST, non-conference AND overall.

And my other 20-win team I'm following, Bryant of course, put the Bulldogs down for 20 with Springfield star John Williams.

With the close of exhibition season, UMass friend Matt Vautour pines about the old rough and tumble days of shady exhibition teams. It's nostalgic alright, but I like the new system better. You think I'm going to argue with a system that lets the likes of Bryant and other D-II schools make an extra $50,000 off a couple of guarantee exhibition contests! Go NCAA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home